- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion, (about ¼ of a medium red onion)*
- 1/3 cup white or apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons avocado or light olive oil, (divided)
- 3 ears of fresh corn, (kernels removed)*
- 1 jalapeno, quartered, seeded, and thinly sliced)*
- 1 tablespoon lime juice*
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- A handful cilantro, (minced (about ¼ cup))*
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes, (halved (about a scant cup))*
- 1 avocado, (cut into small dice)*
- 1 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Place the sliced onion in a small bowl and pour the vinegar over them. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and one of the teaspoons of the avocado oil. Once very hot, dump in the corn. Allow the corn to cook for 2-3 minutes, without stirring it, until charred in places and fragrant.
- Remove the corn to a large bowl, leaving the burner on. Add the other teaspoon of avocado oil the jalapeno and cook for about 30 seconds, until just fragrant. Add to the bowl with the corn.
- Strain the vinegar from the onions and discard the vinegar. Add the onions, along with the remaining ingredients to the bowl with the corn and stir to combine. Serve cold or at room temperature.