1 spaghetti squash, halved and seeds removed
Garlic powder (for baking squash)
2 Tbsp. cream cheese
2 Tbsp. pesto
1/2 c fresh chopped spinach
1/3 c mozzarella, shredded
Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush thin layer of olive oil on the inside of spaghetti squash. Season with garlic powder, sea salt and pepper.
- Place open side down on a parchment lined baking pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
- When squash is cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Using a fork, start to pull the “spaghetti” from the sides of the squash.
- Add 1 T cream cheese, 1 T pesto, a dash or two of crushed red pepper and 1/2 of the spinach to each half of the squash. Stir to coat all of the spaghetti and allow the spinach to wilt and the cream cheese to melt.
- Cover each with 1/2 of the mozzarella and return to the oven, cheese side up.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle fresh parsley or basil on top and more red pepper and serve!