Avoid a boring breakfast routine by shaking things up with this flavorful Longaniza Breakfast Hash. If you aren’t familiar with the Longaniza, it’s a Chilean sausage that has a mildly-sweet flavor and slightly spicy kick. It’s one of those types of foods that once you try it, you’re absolutely hooked! Paired with buttery Yukon Gold Potatoes and topped with Cotija cheese and cilantro, this recipe may quickly become one of your new breakfast favorites!
|5 Minutes||10 - 15 Minutes||2 - 4|
3LBs Yukon Gold Potatoes
1 Yellow Onion diced
1 Red, or orange Bell pepper
1/2 cup cotija cheese
1/2 cup minced cilantro
- Boil the potatoes until tender but slightly firm. You don’t want them falling apart when chopped and then pan fried.
- Pan fry longaniza. When fully cooked slice or dice and set aside.
- Add a little oil to the pan, caramelize onions, then add diced bell pepper. Remove onion and pepper from pan, set aside.
- Add a lump of butter to melt, then add taters. Allow the taters to lightly brown, then add the onion, peppers, and sausage back in. Toss, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, top with cotija cheese and cilantro.