Earthy beets, bright citrus, and creamy ricotta come together in a unique and exciting way!
|25 min||1 hr||4|
(*Included in bundle)
• 1 bunch red beets, unpeeled and scrubbed, greens removed*
• 1 tablespoon avocado oil or another high heat oil
• 2 sprigs of thyme or rosemary (optional)
• Salt and pepper
• 1 tablespoon minced shallot
• 1 orange peeled and segmented, 1 tablespoon orange juice reserved separately*
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1/3 cup Golfo di Napoli ricotta*
• ¼ cup shelled pistachios roughly chopped*
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Make a pouch with aluminum foil that will hold the beets and will allow you to seal it shut at the top.
- Toss the beets with avocado oil and add them to the foil. If using the thyme or rosemary, tuck it in with the beets then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Seal the top, transfer to a baking sheet, and bake in oven for an hour or until completely tender.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. When cool enough to handle, run under cold water and gently rub the skins off.
- Cube the beets into 1-inch chunks.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the shallots, orange juice, lemon juice, honey, extra virgin olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To serve, spread half of the ricotta on the bottom of a serving bowl, add the beets and orange slices, drizzle the dressing over the top, dollop with remaining ricotta, sprinkle with pistachios. Serves 4