|5 minutes||20 minutes||2-4 people|
20 oz zucchini noodles (the zoodles!!)
4 eggs (+1 if you want a sunny side up egg on top!)
4 TBSP fromage frais
1 TBSP Parmesan
5 slices thick cut bacon
1 TBSP minced garlic
2 shallots, diced small
1 TSP Italian seasoning
2 TBSP olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
Pasta, we all love it right?! Unfortunately, our weight does not. My goal with this recipe was to create a hearty dish that did not add on those extra pounds. Pasta carbonara is rich and delicious, but what if you could get that same taste with fresh, organic ingredients and half the calories!? Zoodles Carbonara—your new favorite “pasta” dish!
- Slice the 5 pieces of thick cut bacon into pieces (size is up to you!)
- Dice shallots into small pieces.
- In a medium pan, begin to sauté bacon and shallots over medium-low heat in 1 TBSP olive oil. Add minced garlic after a few minutes.
- While ingredients are sautéing, mix 4 eggs, fromage frais, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Beat lightly with whisk to break up yolks. It takes a few minutes of beating, mixing for fromage frais and eggs to mix.
- Remove bacon/shallot/garlic mixture from heat once sauteed to liking (around 5-7 min).
- In a large pan, add 1 TBSP olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add zucchini noodles, sauté and toss for 3-4 min. Add bacon/shallot/garlic mixture to noodles, leave on low heat for 1-2 for flavors to mix.
- Take pan off of heat, wait 2 min and add sauce. Toss ingredients with sauce to cover. (It may not take all the sauce!!…add some and then add more if needed)
- If sauce is too thin, place pan back on burner over LOW heat, do not let eggs scramble!
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve sunny side up egg over dish if you want! 🙂