Hey friends! FeedMeIndy here! I’m your typical 20-something year old who can’t cook for her life and spends too much time and money going out to eat. My favorite thing is checking out locally-owned restaurants, run by the great men and woman of the Hoosier state. Part of the fun of my account is it’s anonymous so don’t expect to see any selfies!
You can follow my food journey on my page @FeedMeIndy, but today we are switching things up! I even surprised myself with HOW good this turned out. Give it a try and let me know what you think! :]
1 green pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, smashed or minced
1 (28 oz) Can of diced tomatoes
1 tsp oregano
Salt & pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese or fresh basil to garnish
- Begin by heating 2 teaspoons oil with garlic a large frying pan on medium-high.
- Add garlic and sauté until golden, being careful not to burn.
- Combine the chopped onion and pepper together.
- Continue to stir for about 5 minutes, or until tender
- Add in diced tomatoes, tomato paste and oregano. Stir together and let simmer for 30 minutes or so on low heat
- Once sauce has thickened, add in shrimp. Cook for another 5 minutes. (Side note: If you like a little extra heat, you can also add crushed red pepper flakes!)
- In a separate frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil. Cook half the zucchini, gently tossing with tongs, for 1-2 minutes or until just tender and hot.
- Combine ingredients on plate. Garnish with cheese or basil leaves