When I was younger, our school Halloween parties were crazy fun! We wore our costumes, played Halloween games, and ate a ton of junk. I know I’m not alone here when I talk about how much fun the game was with the brown bags of mysterious body parts. Completely freaked out and giggling to no end, we would reach into the bag and feel something slimy or bony, and the teacher would say those are brains or little kids’ fingers. Eeeeeewwwwww!!! It was gross, grimy, and exactly what every kid loved to do at a Halloween party! After telling my kids about this fun, spooky game, they wanted to make a version of their own, so we looked through our pantry and this is what we came up with.
What’s Inside the Cauldrons?
Assembling the Cauldrons
We had mini cauldrons from a dollar store and my daughter thought it would be fun to use them instead of brown bags. Here’s how we made our spooky Cauldrons of Ew!
What You’ll Need:
- 6 cauldrons
- 6 12″x12″ pieces of burlap
- Masking tape
- Utility knife
- Prepare your cauldrons by filling them each with the different “body parts” first.
- Place three pieces of masking tape spaced equally apart under the lip of the cauldron to anchor your burlap fabric in place.
- Once secured, take a strand of yarn long enough to wrap around the lip of the cauldron twice, double knotting at the end.
- Using your utility knife, make a cut in the middle of the cauldron opening spanning its total width.
- As the final touch, download these spooky labels to print, cut, and place in front of each cauldron.
Pro Tip: Keep some paper towels and hand sanitizer nearby for kids to use before and after.
Beth Blessing (Organic Beth) has a Masters in Nutrition and is the co-founder of Green Bean Delivery. She is a mother of three that loves supporting family farms and searching for unique, artisanal products. Her goal is to help others eat better and live a more natural, holistic life through healthy recipes and practical tips. Follow her on Facebook: @OrganicBeth