Create a Buffet of Choices
The 46th SuperBowl commences at 6:30 p.m. this Sunday in Indianapolis! Unless you are lucky enough to have a ticket (which makes us jealous), you’ll need a game plan to ensure your friends and family have the stamina it takes to endure the battle of the year: New York Giants vs/ New England Patriots.
The game will be determined by strategy: Brady and Manning will fight with their wit. Your food selections require the same approach. You’ll want a delicious and customizable variety, ready-to-go convenience, and the flexibility to throw or punt on the fourth down (add cheese or hold the jalapeño).
Consider setting up a soup buffet, where you and each guest can create a unique masterpiece of flavor from a few simple ingredients!
- Step 1: Create two base stocks. We suggest a bean, rice and tomato combination, coupled with a creamy potato vegetable
- Step 2: Go crazy with garnishes. Assign guests to bring items such as: sweet corn, hummus, sour cream, salsa, various shredded cheeses, ground beef, turkey, sausage and/or bacon, chopped olives. Then tons of fresh: sweet peppers, hot peppers, green onions, tomatoes, cilantro, parsley, avocado.
- Step 3: Create an assembly-line buffet and use small bowls that leave room for a second trip to try something different.
- 2 cups of red and/or black beans (cooked or canned)
- 2 cups of white beans (cooked or canned)
- 2 cups of rice, quinoa or other grain of choice
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 Chili or taco seasoning packets (or one of each!)
- Follow cooking instructions and water requirements per your grain of choice.
- 4-5 white potatoes (peel if not organic)
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 chopped carrots
- 3 chopped celery stalks
- 1 head of chopped broccoli and or cauliflower
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 Veggie or chicken bouillon cube
- Cover vegetables with water, and boil until potatoes are soft. Use a handheld masher to create desired thickness.
- Dairy, cream or unsweetened coconut milk can be added in place of some of the water. (Use lower heat in this case so it doesn’t boil over!)
Enjoy your parties!