Prep Time: 25 minutes / Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Boil the sweet potato in submerged boiling water for about 10 minutes, then remove. Once cool, peel skin and grate, squeezing out any excess water.
- Let the kids mix by hand the grated sweet potato, Vegy Vida™ Savory Bacon, garlic salt, onion powder, black pepper and potato starch in a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat a generous coating of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- While the oil heats, help your kids form the tots by first rolling each into a small ball, then flattening the edges to make a distinct shape.
- Fry the tots, rolling them around to crisp all sides, for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer with slotted spoon onto towel-lined plate to cool before serving.
Parent Hack: Measure out 1 tbsp of dough per tot before kids shape them.