Homemade Italian Meatball Recipe:
- Heat oven to 425. Lightly spray a sheet pan (or use parchment paper).
- In large bowl, tear bread into small pieces. Add milk. Let this absorb for about 5 minutes.
- Add the meats, eggs, grated cheese and seasonings. Mix well.
- Shape ping-pong size meatballs.
- Bake 20 minutes. Let rest. Eat. Be happy.
- Serve with pasta sauce of your choice.
You can also make a variation by stuffing them with cheese. It’s amazing, and super simple. Just take a small cube (about 1/2″ size), and shape your meatball around it. I use Provolone or Mozzarella. Don’t feel like you have to, these little morsels are great without it.
*** I make my own Italian blend (mostly because I over buy fresh herbs and have to dry them so I don’t waste them). I use parsley, thyme, rosemary, oregano, and a little fennel seed. But the store-bought stuff is just fine.
I have a really simple, light sauce that works wonderfully with these meatballs. You can start the sauce right when you are preheating the oven for the meatballs, and it will be ready when they are finished. Easy-peasy.
- Chop up the tomatoes and the garlic.
- Place in medium saucepan. Add oil, salt and pepper.
- Turn on low. Stir periodically.
- When the sauce has broken down, add some basil. Cook for another 10-15 minutes. Taste, adjust your seasonings and enjoy!
*yields approximately 35 meatballs
Browse the Green BEAN store for ingredients.
Kristine B. has been working at Green BEAN Delivery for over two years. To say she loves food is an understatement. After having her own catering company for six years, Bockman studied at the Institute of Culinary Education in New York City. Upon her return to Indianapolis, Bockman worked at Smoking Goose Meatery until joining Green BEAN Delivery.