Jeremy S. from Dayton, Ohio was 330 pounds until he heard about Green BEAN Delivery. Fed up with trying diets that didn’t work, he decided the answer for him was to cook real food at home with wholesome, fresh ingredients. In thirteen months, he shed 135 pounds! Read his success story here.
After learning a couple of basic cooking techniques, this warm chicken salad with red wine vinaigrette dressing recipe was one of the first dishes he came up with on his own. It turned out much tastier than he ever thought it would, and it was super simple to make.
What to do:
- Slice the carrots and cucumber. Slice the carrots as thinly as possible with a knife so they cook more quickly. The cucumber can be ¼” thick or so. If the cucumber is large you can cut it in half lengthwise before slicing it. Skin is optional on both… keep them on if you like them, peel them if you don’t. Put carrots aside and put cucumber in salad bowl.
- Chop up romaine lettuce and put in salad bowl with cucumbers.
- Remove avocado and dice. Put in salad bowl with lettuce.
- Dressing: Add equal parts red wine vinegar and olive oil to a small bowl and stir thoroughly with whisk or fork. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you would like some sweetness add some raw honey and stir again. Set aside.
- Add coconut oil to a hot sauté pan and allow to heat up on medium heat.
- Add carrots, toss in the oil and stir until they start to become soft (5-10 minutes depending on thickness).
- Add ground chicken to the pan.
- Season with salt, pepper, and cardamom to taste.
- Mix and sauté the chicken and carrots together until chicken is cooked through and carrots are soft (5-7 more minutes).
- Drain water from carrots and chicken then add to the salad. Mix the salad thoroughly.
- Stir dressing again (it may have separated a bit) and add dressing to the salad and toss.
- Eat fresh while still warm.