From 2007 - 2017, Green BEAN Delivery has donated over 1 million pounds of fresh, healthy food to local organizations to fight hunger. We celebrate our non-profit partners on #GivingFoodDay!
In the midst of this holiday season, the needs of so many of our fellow community members get pushed to the forefront of our thoughts. Individuals, families, and companies are considering how best to give back. The BEAN family of companies has long been committed to helping resolve the issue of hunger and food insecurity in our communities, and we wanted to take this opportunity to celebrate the important work our nonprofit partners do each and every day.
This holiday season marks a special event for Green BEAN Delivery as our organization has reached over 1 million pounds of food donated to non-profits. As the owner of a company based upon the beliefs and ideals of social entrepreneurship, this is a cherished milestone for our organization – one which has taken a concentrated effort from multiple parties to allow us to reach. The gift of giving is a team effort. To all of our customers, our vendor partners, and all current and former BEAN associates – Thank you for allowing our organization to be in the fortunate position to give. Your contributions and partnerships are truly valued and appreciated.
Most importantly, we want to take this opportunity to thank the non-profit organizations we have worked with over our ten years of business for their tireless, year-round commitment to fight hunger and inequality in our communities. We celebrate the women and men that operate these organizations and dedicate their life’s work to helping those in need. As the leader of BEAN LLC and our family of companies, I would like to simply say “thank you for providing the opportunity to give.”
If your family is considering giving or volunteering this holiday season, please consider these great non-profit organizations. It is extremely important that we pay attention to the funding streams, both private and public, for the non-profit sector in the foreseeable future. Without community support, non-profits and the citizens that depend on their services, will be at tremendous risk.
Thank you for providing our family of companies the opportunity to contribute and have a blessed holiday season,
Matt Ewer and Beth Blessing
• IU Health and Garden on the Go – Indianapolis, IN
• Gleaners Food Bank of Central Indiana – Indianapolis, IN
• Second Helpings – Indianapolis, IN
• Food Finders Food Bank – Lafayette, IN
• Hoosier Hills Food Bank – Bloomington, IN
• Mother Hubbard’s Cupboard – Bloomington, IN
• Freestore Food Bank – Cincinnati, OH
• Cincinnati COOKS! – Cincinnati, OH
• Childhood Food Solutions – Cincinnati, OH
• Local Matters – Columbus, OH
• Mid-Ohio Food Bank – Columbus, OH
• Dare to Care – Louisville, KY
• St Louis Area Food Bank – St. Louis, MO
• The Food Bank for Central and Northeast Missouri – Columbia, MO
• Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee – Nashville, TN