Layers of gluten-free buttermilk cornbread, seasoned ground beef, Spanish rice, and melted cheddar cheese. Served with a tangy lime coleslaw, stewed black beans, and cilantro crema.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Calories per Serving: 620
View Full Nutrition Information
Meal Kit Supplies
1 tray strata
1 pt coleslaw
1 qt stewed black beans
1 ramekin cilantro crema
Overview and Reheating Instructions
Our dishes are simply reheated in the order of longest to reheat, to shortest. After reheating, they’re presented on a plate or in a bowl, and garnished. The oven should be preheated fully when applicable. The objective is to have all the components reheated and ready to plate at nearly the same time. Some variances will occur and that’s just fine! Everything will come together and be great in the end!
Follow These Steps
- Preparation Sequence: The order of reheating will be first the tray of strata, then the stewed black beans. So let’s get started by placing the strata in the oven. Heat in the foil tray covered in a preheated 350 degree oven (325 degree convection) for 30 minutes. Then carefully uncover and continue to heat for 6-10 minutes. Let the food rest for 3-5 minutes after it’s been removed from the oven for the heat to disperse evenly. Heat to 165 degrees on a thermometer.
- Black Beans: While the strata is doing its thing in the oven, grab a small sauce pot and empty in the black beans and place on the range to be warmed in a few minutes. When the strata has 20 minutes remaining, turn on the heat to medium low and stir fairly often to prevent sticking (a little is expected). Reheating will take 12-14 minutes. Once hot, cover and keep warm on the stove.
- Grab Your Plates: After the strata has been uncovered and returned to the oven, grab your plates. Let the strata rest for a few minutes after it’s finished before plating.
- Plating: While the strata is resting, spoon a quarter of the black beans off-center on the plate. Add a portion of the strata (try to get some of all the layers in one scoop) to the plate slightly off center on the beans leaving an empty spot for the slaw.
- Finishing Touches: Add a portion of slaw in the empty spot on the plate and spoon a little crema on top of the hot food. Ready to eat!
About Green Bean Kitchen
Enjoy the convenience of delicious deli foods, freshly prepared from top-quality ingredients in our private kitchen.
Green Bean Kitchen is on a mission to be your culinary partner for simplifying meal planning. Inspired by our sustainable farmers and artisans, the GBK team strives to dish up satisfying solutions that are nutritious, flavorful, and wholesome. Whether it’s a hearty entrée for a busy weekday dinner or a refreshing salad for lunch, Green Bean Kitchen is committed to empowering the way you eat.