- 2 medium zucchini*
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs*
- ½ cup almond flour or flour of choice
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese*
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
Romesco sauce, optional for serving*
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the zucchini into ¼ inch rounds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg. In a medium bowl, combine the panko, almond flour, Parmesan, salt, and several grinds of pepper.
- Dip the zucchini slices into the egg and then into the panko mixture. Place onto the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and bake 17 to 20 minutes, flipping halfway, until golden brown.
- Serve immediately while still hot (the zucchini will become less crispy as it sits) with the Romesco sauce on the side.