- ¾ cup arborio rice or any other rice of your liking
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3 tablespoons basil sliced in thin ribbons
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ounces Brooklyn Cured Meats Sliced Bresaola
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 ounces Marcoot Cave Aged Alpine cheese shavings
Cook the rice in a small pot of generously salted rapidly boiling water until tender yet firm to the bite. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and the garlic and let cool completely.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, the basil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt and whisk to blend. Season the lemon-basil drizzle with freshly ground black pepper.
Arrange the bresaola slices in a single layer on a platter or on each of 4 plates, dividing evenly. Add the arugula to the rice and add enough lemon-basil drizzle to coat lightly. Spoon the arugula mixture atop the bresaola and sprinkle with the Cave Aged Alpine shavings. Spoon remaining drizzle around the bresaola and serve.