A classic, creamy soup with simple ingredients. Pairs well with sandwiches and salads for a healthy meal!
|10 min||15-20 min||4|
(*Included in bundle)
• 1 tablespoon ghee or another high heat oil
• 1 medium yellow onion, sliced into ¼-inch half-moons*
• Salt and pepper
• 1 bunch carrots, peeled and sliced crosswise ¼-inch thick*
• 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
• ¼ cup crème fraiche*
• Sriracha or hot sauce (optional)
- Heat ghee or oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and a pinch of salt and pepper; cook onions until just soft, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in carrots and another pinch of salt. Add vegetable or chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cook until vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Purée half the soup in a blender until smooth. Stir purée into remaining soup in pan. Divide soup among 4 bowls, and garnish with one tablespoon of crème fraiche and a drizzle of sriracha.
- Serves 4