Chicken Tikka Masala is dish that has been growing in popularity in recent years. The spicy, tomato-based sauce is full of aromatic herbs and spices that’ll warm you up on a cold winter evening. Serve over a bed of rice or include in a wrap or naan bread for a delicious lunch or dinner!
- In a bowl combine the chicken chunks with 2 tablespoons Magic Masala, yogurt, lemon juice, pinch of salt and black pepper. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- In a large bottom pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil, followed by the remaining jar of Magic Masala and the tomatoes. Cook until the sauce bubbles in the center, then lower heat to maintain a slow simmer, stirring occasionally. After 5-7 minutes, take sauce off stove and use an immersion blender to smooth out sauce, or keep as is for a rustic texture.
- Put pot back on a low heat, add the heavy cream or coconut milk, stir until sauce simmers again for 2-4 minutes. Taste sauce and add 1 teaspoon of sugar and pinch of salt to balance the acidity of the tomatoes. Turn off heat.
- Preheat the oven broiler. Add the chicken to a parchment lined sheet tray or thread onto skewers, place 5 inches below the heat source. Broil for 6 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned and cooked through and charred in places.
- When the chicken is cooked, add pieces to the Tikka Masala sauce and heat together for a few minutes until warmed through. Enjoy with rice or naan.