• 2-3 russet potatoes, chopped/cubed*
• 1 pound Gunthorp chorizo*
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• ½ large onion, chopped*
• 1 tablespoon flour or arrowroot (or more depending on your desired thickness)
• 32 ounces Pacific Chicken Bone Broth*
• ½ bunch kale, chopped (full bunch if you’re a kale lover!)*
• Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
• 1 cup Organic Valley Heavy Whipping Cream*
• Optional: pinch of red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce to taste
• Optional garnish: sourdough bread and/or shredded cheese
(*Included in bundle)
- Bring water to a boil and add the chopped potatoes and cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking, brown the chorizo with the onions and garlic in a large soup pot over medium heat. Sprinkle the flour (or arrowroot) over the browning meat and stir to make a roux.
- Whisk in the broth over the chorizo mix then add the cooked potatoes, chopped kale, a heavy pinch of salt and a dash of black pepper. Bring to boil then reduce to a simmer; cover and allow to cook for 30 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the heavy cream, adjust seasonings with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and top with a dash of red pepper flakes or hot sauce and bits of sourdough bread and shredded cheese.