|10 Minutes||10 - 15 Minutes||6|
• Kosher salt
• 1 pound green beans*
• 12 ounces cipollini onions*
• 1 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 1 ½ tablespoons orange juice*
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
(*Included in bundle)
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot and add 2 tablespoons salt. Add the beans and blanch until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and cool under cold running water; drain well.
- Halve the onions lengthwise and trim off the ends. Cut lengthwise into ½-inch-wide slices.
- Heat a dry 12-inch sauté pan over medium high heat until very hot. Add the onions and sauté until charred in spots but still crunchy, 4 to 6 minutes. During the last minute or so, add the beans, stirring and tossing to warm them through. Transfer the beans and onions to a large bowl.
- Whisk the balsamic vinegar, orange juice, and oil together in a small bowl. Pour over the beans and onions, tossing to coat. Let stand for at least 10 minutes, or up to 1 hour, before serving.
- Sprinkle the beans with a little salt and serve.