|15 min||10 min||4-6|
• 1 cup dry rainbow quinoa*
• 2 cups water
• Pinch of kosher salt
• 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced 1-inch thick
• 1/3 cup minced parsley*
• ¼ cup pumpkin seeds*
• 2-3 cloves garlic minced
• ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice*
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
(*Included in bundle)
- Rinse quinoa under cold water until water runs clear. Place quinoa and water into a saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover with a lid, and cook until liquid is absorbed (about 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by whisking together the garlic, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, and tamari in a small bowl. Dry toast the pumpkin seeds in a skillet until they puff up and they’ve turned mostly golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, add it to a medium mixing bowl and stir in the carrots, parsley, and toasted pumpkin seeds. Pour dressing over the top and serve room temperature or chilled. Serves 4-6