Avoid a boring breakfast routine by shaking things up with this flavorful Longaniza Breakfast Hash. If you aren’t familiar with the Longaniza, it’s a Chilean sausage that has a mildly-sweet flavor and slightly spicy kick. It’s one of those types of foods that once you try it, you’re absolutely hooked! Paired with buttery Yukon Gold Potatoes and topped with Nuestro Queso Fresco cheese and cilantro, this recipe may quickly become one of your new breakfast favorites!
|5 Minutes||10 - 15 Minutes||2 - 4|
- Boil the potatoes until tender but slightly firm. You don’t want them falling apart when chopped and then pan fried.
- In a large cast iron over medium heat, pan fry Longaniza; when fully cooked, remove from pan, slice or dice, and set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon of butter to the pan then add the onions, cook until caramelized (about 5 minutes); add bell pepper and continue to cook until peppers are soft but crisp (another 2-3 minutes). Remove onions and peppers from pan; set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan then add the cooked potatoes. Allow the potatoes to brown on all sides, then add the onions, peppers, and sausage. Stir to combine and cook just long enough to warm everything back up.
- Top with queso fresco and cilantro and serve. Serves 4-6