• 2 pounds medium carrots, ends trimmed, quartered lengthwise and cut into 3-inch segments*
• Kosher salt
• ¼ cup crѐme fraiche*
• 2 tablespoons harissa paste*
• ½ teaspoon ground cumin
• ½ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
(*Included in bundle)
- Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place carrots in a large pot, cover with water, and season heavily with salt. Heat over high heat until boiling. Reduce to a simmer and cook until barely tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain and allow to dry for 5 minutes. Set aside. Season crѐme fraiche with salt to taste and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine harissa, cumin, black pepper, and olive oil in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt. Transfer half of mixture to small bowl and set aside. Add carrots to remaining mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and spread out in an even layer. Roast until caramelized, about 40 minutes, turning once or twice during roasting. Transfer carrots to a large bowl and toss with cilantro.
- Spread crѐme fraiche on serving platter. Top with carrots and drizzle with remaining harissa mixture. Serve immediately. Serves 4-6