These “steaks” are my family’s favorite way to eat cabbage! The outsides begin to caramelize while the inside becomes buttery soft which makes for the most perfect flavor combination.
1 tablespoon butter
1 medium head green cabbage, cut into 1-inch thick rounds
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
Juice from ½ lemon
Beth Blessing (Organic Beth) has a Masters in Nutrition and is the co-founder of Green Bean Delivery. She is a mother of three that loves supporting family farms and searching for unique, artisanal products. Her goal is to help others eat better and live a more natural, holistic life through healthy recipes and practical tips. Follow her on Facebook: @OrganicBeth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet by coating it with the butter.
- Place green cabbage rounds on the baking sheet and brush or rub with hands coating the entire surface of the green cabbage with the oil.
- Season with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Roast until cabbage is tender and edges are golden, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and squeeze lemon juice over the top.