|15 Minutes||20 Minutes||4|
- 1 bunch sweet baby broccoli, ends trimmed, thick stalks split lengthwise, or broccoli, stalks trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces*
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved (about 2 cups)*
- 1 small red onion, peeled, quartered and cut into 2-inch wedges*
- 1 lemon, ½ cut into thin rounds and the remaining ½ left intact, for serving*
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 (6- to 8-ounce) blocks feta, cut into 1-inch slices*
- Cooked orzo or farro for serving
- ½ cup fresh basil or cilantro leaves and fine stems, roughly chopped (optional)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees with a rack set in the lower third.
- On a sheet pan, combine the sweet baby broccoli, tomatoes, onion and lemon slices with the olive oil and toss.
- Add cumin and red pepper flakes, season with salt and pepper, and toss again until evenly coated. Nestle the feta slices into the vegetables. (It’s okay if they break apart a little.)
- Roast 15 to 20 minutes, stirring halfway through but leaving the feta in place, until the sweet baby broccoli is charred at the tips, the stems are easily pierced with a fork and the tomato skins start to blister and break down.
- Serve over orzo or farro. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with the remaining lemon half for squeezing. Top with fresh herbs, if using.