|20-30 min||7min+6hr||32 balls|
(* included in bundle)
• ½ cup Organic Valley Heavy Cream
• 1 cup breadcrumbs
• 1 pound ground beef*
• 1 pound ground pork*
• 3 eggs
• ½ cup Organic Valley grated parmesan cheese
• 2 teaspoons salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or another high heat oil)
• 1 small yellow onion minced
• ½ cup of reserved meatball meat
• 1 jar (16 ounces) Dillman Farm Grape Preserves*
• 2 bottles Elmore Smith’s Spicy BBQ Sauce*
- Turn on broiler. Line a sheet pan or two with parchment and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the breadcrumbs and heavy cream and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Add the ground meat, eggs, grated cheese, salt and pepper to the soaked breadcrumbs. Mix well (using your hands works best!) Set aside ½ cup of the meatball meat to use for the sauce.
- Shape the meatballs into ping-pong size meatballs (1 heaping tablespoon; should make approximately 32 meatballs). Arrange on the sheet pans and broil for 6 or 7 minutes or until the meatballs are browned on top. Transfer to a plate, let cool, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use. You can par-broil the meatballs the night before.
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat and add the onions. Sauté for a couple minutes until they become translucent. Add the reserved meatball meat and brown it with the onions. Spoon out the jam and pour in the BBQ sauce, stirring. Bring to a boil then turn off heat and add to a slow cooker on low heat and cook for 6 to 10 hours. (The sauce on the stove top can be made the night before and added to the slow cooker the next day.)
- Gently add the meatballs into the sauce for the last 30 minutes of cooking. Enjoy!