Salsa Verde has quickly become a sought out variety of salsa over the years and for good reason! The combination of spicy jalapenos, fragrant cilantro, crisp white onion, and the acidity of fresh tomatillos creates a salsa that brightens up anything you put it on.
8 ounces tomatillos, husked
1 jalapeno, stem, seeds, and ribs removed
½ small white onion, sliced
5 cilantro sprigs
- Put the tomatillos in a saucepan with water to cover.
- Bring the water to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until they’re dull green, about 10 minutes.
- Drain water, then add to a blender.
- Puree in a blender with the jalapeno, onion, cilantro, and about ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Chill salsa verde in your refrigerator before serving.