Cinco de Mayo is next Thursday, and it is one of our favorite meal-centered holidays! We typically create a taco or nacho bar unless we celebrate on the weekend when we have more time to make fajitas or carne asada. Check out our Cinco de Mayo section in the store to help inspire you to make your own Mexican fiesta. Or, we also have some reheat and eat foods from Green Bean Kitchen to help make your Cinco de Mayo celebration a cinch!
Green Bean Kitchen
We’ve got some great time saving foods coming out of the Green Bean Kitchen to help you get a Cinco de Mayo meal on your table in no time flat. Already cooked proteins, tasty side dishes, and even entire meals!
Ground Beef Taco Meat
Pico de Gallo
Cilantro Lime Rice
Tomato Cucumber Gazpacho Soup
Tortilla Chips/Tortillas/Taco Shells
- Maltida’s Tortilla Chips: one of our all-time top selling grocery items and perfect for snacking on chips and salsa or using them as the base layer to your nachos.
- Siete’s Cassava and Coconut Tortillas, Grain Free Taco Shells, and Tortilla Chips: grain free/gluten free Tex/Mex foods that are Abuela approved!
- Shagbark Seed and Mill Corn Tortillas and Tortilla Chips: made from organic corn that is grown and processed in Ohio.
- Garden of Eatin’ Blue Tortilla Chips and Yellow Corn Taco Shells: made with organic yellow and blue corn.
- Maria and Ricardo’s Tortillas: member favorites! They have soft, corn tortillas or if you prefer flour tortillas, try their spinach, white, or whole wheat varieties.
- Ground meats – great for tacos or nachos, and we have every ground meat and ground plant-based protein to please every palette. Ground beef, chicken, turkey, pork, chorizo, pumfu chorizo crumbles, and ground meat alternative.
- Fajitas and Carne Asada – we have several different cuts of meat that work well with fajitas and carne asada – skirt, flank, and hanger, if you are having beef. Chicken tenders, breasts, or boneless, and skinless thighs for chicken fajitas.
- Fish/Seafood – for the pescatarians and seafood lovers, we have excellent varieties of fish for the most epic fish (or seafood) tacos – cod, salmon, mahi mahi, and tilapia, haddock, orange roughy, and shrimp.
Beans and Rice
- A Dozen Cousins: precooked, packaged in 2-serving bags, A Dozen Cousins has Black Beans, Mexican Cowboy, Refried Pinto Beans, and Refried Black Beans. They also have rice cooked in bone broth for added flavor, nutrients, and protein – Spanish Yellow, Sea Salt, and Classic.
- Fillo’s: like A Dozen Cousins, as they are precooked and packaged into 2-serving bags, Fillo’s offers Cuban Black Beans, Mexican Mayocoba Beans, Puerto Rican Pink Beans, and Tex-Mex Pinto Beans. They also have beans and rice packages – Puerto Rican Rice and Gandules, Carolina Peas and Rice, and Cuban Congri.
- Lundberg: certified organic and grown in the USA, Lundberg offers pre-seasoned packages of rice like Cilantro Lime, 90 Second Spanish Style, Spanish, and Whole Grain Yellow or Long Grain White Rice that you can season how you like.
- Omena Organics: grown and canned in Michigan, Omena offers Black Beans, Pinto Beans, and Red Kidney Beans.
- Shagbark Seed and Mill: organically grown, dried black and pinto beans that are from Ohio farms. Toss them into a slow cooker and let them simmer with your favorite spices.
Salsa and Guacamole
- Wholly Guacamole: we’ve got some new (limited time only) flavors plus the classics that have been in the store – Hatch Chile, Spicy, Chunky, and Classic Organic.
- Ridiculously Good Salsa: fresh and delicious salsa from Columbus, OH – Happy Medi-Yum for those who like a little kick and Mellow for those who like to keep it mild.
- Crazy Charlie’s: award winning salsa made with high quality Indiana tomatoes – Black Bean and Corn Salsa, Mild Salsa, Medium Salsa, Hot Salsa, and Island Mango Salsa.
- Desert Pepper: salsa flavors from the Southwest – Corn Black Bean and Red Pepper and Salsa del Rio.
- Frog Ranch: quality, great tasting, all-natural salsas from Ohio – Mild, Medium, and Hot Salsa
- LocalFolks Foods: made with the finest-tasting ingredients from the Midwest and produce harvested at their peak ripeness – Mild and Hot Salsa.
- Frontera: Authentic Mexican food inspired by regional cuisines from world renowned chef Rick Bayless – Especial Avocado Tomatillo Salsa, Especial Tequila Borracha Salsa, Jalapeno Cilantro Salsa, Roasted Tomato Salsa, and Tomatillo Salsa.
About Organic Beth
Beth Blessing (Organic Beth) has a Masters in Nutrition and is the co-founder of Green Bean Delivery. She is a mother of three who loves supporting family farms and searching for unique, artisanal products. Her goal is to help others eat better and live a more natural, holistic life through healthy recipes and practical tips.